Thank you for considering the University Center when planning your next conference, meeting or special event. In order to ensure a successful event for your organization and to see that your event is consistent with the policies and procedures of the UCSB University Center, please review the following information carefully.
Cancelations must be made at least 5 working days prior to your scheduled event in any UCen meeting room and 20 days prior to your scheduled event in Corwin Pavilion, or rental charges will be assessed. Co-sponsored events and events that charge a registration fee will be assessed at a special rate. See University Center Scheduling Policy for specific rate information.
A UCen-employed Service Manager will be on duty during your event and available for any questions or last minute needs you may have. You can call them directly on their cell phone at (805) 451-5512.
Only food or beverages purchased within the University Center or catered through UCen Catering (805) 893-2465 are permitted in the University Center. Orders should be placed with UCen Catering at least 10 working days prior to your event. Orders for large events should be placed at least 30 days prior to your event. Any exceptions to this policy must be approved by UCen Dining Services. Failure to abide by this policy will result in no less than a $280 service charge.
The following are not permitted in the University Center:
- Signs, posters, or other materials taped to the walls, windows or doors
- Lighted candles or open flames
- Glitter, confetti, and other decorative items that leave a mess
- Any other items that may cause damage to the University Center
All parking needs should be coordinated through UCSB Parking Services.
They can be reached at (805) 893-2346.
Other things to consider when planning your event:
- Depending on the type, size and nature of the event, security may be required.
- The UCSB Fire Marshall Policy states that no conference room may be secured open.
- Be courteous to the next group by leaving at your scheduled time
- The University Center is not responsible for any items left unattended in any of the conference rooms.
- In the event of special scheduling needs, UCen Administration reserves the right to move groups to a comparable meeting facility. If you have any questions or comments regarding our services, please feel free to contact our office at (805) 893-3961.
All new users should review the University Center Scheduling Policy. A copy of this policy is available in the UCen Administration Office, located in room 2264, University Center.