COVID-19 RESPONSE: UC Santa Barbara continues to monitor the global COVID-19 outbreak, and has provided guidance and ongoing updates (https://www.ucsb.edu/COVID-19-information). UCen Catering is still open and planning for future events. Please contact us for more information, inquiries or questions at (805) 893-2465.
UCen Catering provides complete services to the campus community. From full service plated meals, to receptions, continental breakfasts, and banquets, we provide a wide variety of menu items and service styles. Customized menu planning is also available and our professional staff can assist you with planning your next event. Call us at (805) 893-2465 or email us at email@example.com
UCen Catering is proud to offer sustainable options for any events that we cater. We’re happy to work with you to reduce waste and/or to purchase all local products. We support sustainability, but we also believe that it is up to you to make the decision. We want to achieve the type of event that you are looking for and make it the best event possible. With that in mind, there are several different ways to make an event more sustainable.
Make an impact with little or no additional cost
- Order a “California Deli Deluxe Buffet" instead of a “California Deli Bagged or Boxed Lunch." There is less packaging thereby reducing waste.
- Order water and beverages in reusable containers instead of bottled individual beverages.
- Request all local foods. We work with a number of local suppliers who can supply us with a bounty of fresh, local ingredients.
- Request all organic foods. We would be happy to create an all-organic menu for your event.
- Contact A.S. Campus Recycling to arrange for composting receptacles. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this service.
Sustainability efforts we currently do
- We use all compostable service ware.
- We are Santa Barbara County Green Business Certified.
- Bio-diesel fuel is created from our spent fryer oil.
- We only sell Fair Trade, organic coffee and Fair Trade, organic hot and iced tea.
- We use cage-free eggs in all sustainable menu packages.
- Our Coffee grounds are recycled and used on campus landscaping.
- We bake with cage free eggs in all pastries.
- We purchase vegetables from Harvest Santa Barbara when available.
Check out our new Sustainable Menus including our new Local, Sustainable, Delicious package that features local, organic produce, humane certified chicken and local, sustainable fish.
- General Policies (pdf)
- Helpful Tips (pdf)
- Entire Menu (pdf)
- Off Campus Catering Permit (pdf)
- Insurance (pdf)